(aussi en version française)
I.- FAMILY TREE
SKETCH of the Family Tree graphics and brief summary of its contents. (8-4-2007)
FAMILY TREE in graphic format (tables) on many different pages. (8-4-2007)
1st Part of the list : 19th to 21st centuries (6 last generations) (28-7-2015)
2nd Part of the list : mid 18th to 19th cent. (2 further generations) (6-5-2012)
3rd Part of the list : mid 17th cent. to mid 18th cent. (3 further generations) (6-5-2012)
4th Part of the list : mid 16th cent. to mid 17th cent. (3 further generations) (6-5-2012)
5th Part of the list : 15th cent. to mid 16th cent. (4 further generations) (14-5-2012)
6th Part of the list : 9th cent. to 14th centuries (18 further generations) (14-5-2012)
|IV.- RANCEL Family Tree (6-07-2019)|
|V.- The RANCEL family vault in Sta.Cruz
de Tenerife Cemetery (19-4-2007)
- Family archives, official and private documents, and memories of the various family branches.
- Santa Cruz de Tenerife City Archives.
- Spanish National Army Archives -Archivo General Militar- (Segovia).
- "Historia de Canarias", by José de Viera y Clavijo, 1776.
- "Guía histórica-descriptiva de Santa Cruz de Tenerife", by Felipe Miguel Poggi y Borsotto, 1881.
- "Histoire de l'établissement des Anversois aux Canaries au XVIe siècle", by Fernand Donnet, 1895.
- "Linajes herreño-gomeros, Familia Espinosa-Ayala", by Dacio V. Darias y Padrón, 1924.
- "Noticias generales históricas sobre la isla del Hierro", by Dacio V. Darias y Padrón, 1929.
- "Nobiliario de Canarias", 1959.
- "Historia de Santa Cruz de Tenerife", by Alejandro Cioranescu.
- "Noticias relacionadas con la Historia de la Isla del Hierro", by José Padrón Machín, 1983.
- "Los Reyes Martín y la Cultura", by Octavio Rodríguez Delgado, 1994.
- "La Historia de Santa Cruz de Tenerife", by María Jesús Luis Yanes y José María Sánchez Hernández, 1995.
- "El Hierro: una isla singular", by Carlos Quintero Reboso, 1997.
- "San Rafael y San Roque: un camposanto con historia, 1810-1816", by Daniel García Pulido, 2000.
- Ms. María de los Reyes TRUJILLO ASCANIO, civil servant in the City archives of Santa Cruz de Tenerife. Her professionalism and kindness were a great help to me.
- Ms. Carmen Luz HERNÁNDEZ GONZÁLEZ, Specialist in the Archive of the Diocese of Tenerife (in La Laguna). She is another good example of extraordinary profesional competence, as well as an example of kindness and helpfulness to the people who want to do researches in the Archive.
- Daniel GARCÍA PULIDO (Danny), historian (University of La Laguna), who helps me with information on diffente branches and individuals of my family.
- my relative Marcelo (José Marcelo PÉREZ FLORIDO, in Tenerife, Spain), also a descendant of Tomás de ABREU CRESPO y OROPESA (8-41.), who has transmitted to me very interesting informations.
- my late relative Saturnino MUÑIZ VILLAMANDOS, from Villaquejida (León, Spain), also a descendant of Felipe VILLAMANDOS CADENAS (7-14.), who gave us very interesting informations about the Villamandos family.
- José Ignacio del AMO LOBO; I share with his wife common ancestors from Castile-León. He has given me a lot of precious information on these branches. A link with his family tree pages ("la Familia Interminable" = the Never Ending Family) appears further down, in the section 'Interesting Links'.
- my relative Maixa (María Luisa PÉREZ RODRÍGUEZ, in Bilbao, Spain), also a descendant of Domingo Javier VILLAMANDOS PÉREZ (6-8.) and of Felipe VILLAMANDOS CADENAS (7-14.), who has researched on the family history and gave us a lot of information about entire branches of the Villamandos.
- my relative Ana Margarita (Any) AROZENA CONCEPCIÓN, in Tenerife, Canary Islands (Spain), also a descendant of Lorenzo de ABREU LAZCANO y GORDEJUELA (7-24.), who has given to me information about her family branch.
- to my first cousin once removed Tirso RANCEL GONZÁLEZ, who gave to me valuable information concerning the origins of the Rancel in Lanzarote and Tenerife; information given to him by researcher Antonio MONTELONGO FRANQUIZ, from Lanzarote.
- Don Rafael RODRÍGUEZ de CASTRO, who gave to me valuable information from his archives concerning the RANCEL and the NARANJO families.
- my far relative Nelson DÍAZ FRÍAS, from South Tenerife, who has given to me information concerning the descendants of El Hierro families in this area of Tenerife.
- Ms. Georgina HERNÁNDEZ COSTA, of the COSTA-ALBA family in Havana, who gave to me valuable information about the RANCEL from Cuba.
- Mijnheer Werner De MEESTER, from Brugge (Flanders, Belgium), who has given to me important information on the Honin, Van de Walle and other families from Brugge, correcting in several cases the Nobiliario de Canarias.
- Mercedes LOSCOS, from Alloza (Teruel), who has given to me documents and information concerning the Aranda ancestry.
- Jorge Melón, who has given to me information about my Lemus-Padilla ancestors.
- to my relative María del Pilar (Pilucha) VALLEJO, who is a descendant, like me, of Estanislao Miguel CABRERA CABRERA (7-18) and his wife Tomasa RODRÍGUEZ PINTO (7-19); she has given to me a lot of information concerning several generations of the Cabrera-Pinto family.
- to my relatives María del Huerto PÉREZ RODRÍGUEZ-REARDEN (Uruguay) and Gustavo Enrique REARDEN (Argentina) for the information concerning the REARDEN-RANCEL families from these countries.
- Mevrouw Van Waesberghe, for the corrections and accurate information on the roots of GHISELIN (GUISLA) family in Flanders. Based on original sources, her information corrects the GUISLA genealogy traditionally known in the Canary Islands.
Heráldica Hispana: of the Centro Español de Investigación Heráldica (Spanish Heraldry Research Center)
Sociedad Puertorriqueña de Genealogía
Genealogía e Historias: blog on Aragon's genealogies by María José Fuster.
SAGA: Société des Amis de la Généalogie de l'Ardèche.
Geneandalucia: Genealogies from Andalusia.
Genealogies from La Palma Island (Canary Islands) : by Francisco Javier MARTÍN.
The Neverending Family: by José Ignacio del Amo Lobo. Families Del Amo, Lobo, Fernández, Huerga, Cadenas, and others from León, Castilla, Extremadura, Cantabria... José Ignacio's wife and I share some common ancestors: Andrés MORÁN HERRERO and Josefa PÉREZ HERRERO (18th century).
Herrán Family Tree: by Miguel Ángel HERRÁN.
Surname Oramas: a genuine Canarian surname
The Bettencourt Family: Bethencourt, Betencor, Betancor, Betancourt... Many different ways to spell the surname of the first Conqueror of the Canary islands and his descendants.
format 800 x 600, high color 16 bit
© Julio N. Rancel