CELEX related works
I joined the CELEX team on January 1986 and moved to the Informatics Unit of
the Translation Service on May 1991. The following articles summarize the
most important work accomplished during this period.
- Creating the Greek CELEX database, technical or managerial challenge ?
This article was published in Terminologie et Traduction (No 1, pp.
11-21, Luxembourg, 1988)
- From έ, ύ and ς to Ú, Ř and ▀:
introducing paneuropean multilingualism into the CELEX databases. We co-authored this article with JosÚ MARIN-NAVARRO of the
Commission's Informatics Directorate. The article was read at Online
Information 90, the 14th International Online Information Meeting and
published in the Proceedings that were edited by David I. Raitt (pp
69-74). It is reproduced here by kind permission of Learned
Information (Europe) Ltd.
- Alice in the wonderland of SGML: streamlining text entry in the CELEX
databases. We co-authored this article with JosÚ MARIN-NAVARRO of the
Commission's Informatics Directorate. The article was published in The
Electronic Library, (Vol. 9, No 3, June 1991 pp. 155-159). It is
reproduced here by kind permission of MCB
University Press. It was subsequently included in the SGML/XML
Bibliography (edited by Robin Cover) for the Oxford
Other important pieces of work accomplished while with CELEX include:
- Εdited the first edition of the CELEX User Manual (from texts
contributed by the members of the CELEX team).
- Compiled the first edition of the CELEX Manual for Hosts (with the help F.
- Completed with JosÚ Marin-Navarro the feasibility study for the modernization
of the CELEX system. The first phase of the project, namely Alice, was also