Dissertation : "Strategy and declining markets"
Where the guide hereunder will give you an image of the threated subjects and the the main authors, the pieces hereunder can be seen as considerations about management in practice.
Strategy in declining markets
This index is a brief overview of topics treated in this study. First, I wanted to publish a summary, but in these fast changing markets, updating would be too labour-intensive and not value adding. During the summer months, I hope to create some critical pages about the actually used approaches of management styles.
- some examples of managing a company in a declining market
- Corporate strategies
- definitions of strategy that can be applied in declining markets
- Michael Porter: The analysis of the industry
- Gary Hamel & C.K. Prahalad: Core competencies
- Michael Hammer en Champy: Reengineering
- David J. Collis & Cynthia A. Montgomery: Resource-based view
- Transformation of the company
- the organisation
- defining target groups
- defining market
- Integrated models
- building a visionary company (James Collins and Jerry Porras)
- From strategic management the course management (Hans Banens)
- Scenario-method (Paul J.H. Schoemaker)
- Attitude of the manager
- Practical frames for (relative) growth
Nevertheless, if you are searching for specific information about strategy and links to (avoiding) declining markets, please contact me.
back to INDEX
by Mario Parys, 4 Feb 1996, Last update 15 Jul 1998