To doThe extension is at his beginning. There are some more things to do before it is complete. Here is a list.
1. Integrate with OpenSP/OpenJade to give the possibility to get same error than W3c validatorIt is the opensource SGML parser used in most application and it seems too the W3c Validator.
2. Make a batch validation utilityAdd a new screen to validate
- a page
- and all the pages linked to this page recursively.
- limited to a domain or not
- limited to a limited number of recursion.
- show the list of broken links
- if possible using several threads
3. Have the C/C++ library of the extension compiled for other platformsBecause I have only Windows and Linux.
- trying to put it in the CVS of mozilla
- an explanation how to compile it for other platforms. (Solaris, AIX, ...)
4. Helps about html errorsMake a website for creating the help about the error collaboratively ? Wiki ? And link the site with the extension.
There are 85 errors in Tidy and only about 25 have help for them. I should :
- validate several sites
- compare the result with the others validators. See the help given there.
- read books about each errors and document them.
Discuss the reason of some warnings to the tidy community:
- summary in table
- space in href of hyperlink
5. Place the source in shared CVS to allow shared developmentThere is now a project in sourceforge. http://htmlvalidator.sourceforge.net/
6. Others:- cleanup the code
- comment all correctly
- user guide