Roadmap 0.9xI really need to make a new Roadmap since HTML is evolving and I do not know how the extension would cope with it.
A lot of the point of 0.8x became a reality and the adoption by the users was very successfull. A lot more that what I hoped...
For 0.9x, I think mostly that it will be close from impossible to make such extension work like nowadays for HTML 5 ... This is mostly due to the size and complexity of the new validation technique that W3c HTML group is putting in place for HTML 5. But who knows :-) I am sure it is possible to find a solution !
A deep thought should be done in the extension, in the way it should evolve for 0.9x version. I think mostly about this:
- work with the source code in subversion only from Souceforge to allow other people to get more involved seen the current complexity.
- discuss about the HTML 5 validation and see how it would be possible to use this in the extension
RoadmapI got a dilemn. The extension is far to be completed and I still want to add new features. But having the extension moving too fast did not allow people to translate it. And it seems to be a real need.
First, if you have other idea to improve the extension or want to help me to do one of the point below, you are welcome to contribute. If you want to develop some code or write a translation, it is better to contact me prior to do it to avoid double work. (email@example.com)
You can already see some features implemented in the screenshots of the future version 0.8x.
So, after some discussion, I decided to maintain 2 versions:
1. a translatable version, that will be stable with no user interface changes so that people that want to translate the extension can do it easily
2. and a development version where I will add all the new windows, buttons I would like to see
The current state is the version 0.70 that will split in 2 branches.
What does it mean:
- if you are a translator, the version 0.7x is for you. It will be maintained, stable. And the user interface will not change.
Please read this, if you want to translate the extension.
- if you are more interested on new features or want to help me to add the new features, the version 0.8x will
be for you. You can get the source code here:
The features I would like to see in version 0.8x.
1. Make a batch validation utility
2. Integrate with OpenSP/OpenJade to have the same errors than W3c validatorIt is the opensource SGML parser used in most application and it seems too the W3c Validator.
3. Better list of errors, divided in columns and orderable
4. Collaborative website.
5. Others:- shared CVS
- cleanup the code
- comment all correctly
- validation in background