- To develop the concept of intercultural exchange among European and Arab 10-to-18-year-olds and to bring the concept to life in schools.
- To integrate a new type of citizenship in their value systems, based on responsibility and solidarity, with respect to an enlarged societal entity.
- To promote new forms of behaviour as the foundation for genuine cooperation: the alternative viewpoint (the ability to stand back from oneís usual viewpoint in order to perceive the world as others do) and dialogue (listening and analytical skills, elementary linguistic skills).
- students in higher education who will edit the scripts for the seven videos;
- the projectís beneficiaries - European and Arab adolescents who will watch the videos;
- in particular, young people whose parents are immigrants, and who represent intermediaries between the two cultures.
- working with students from other countries to create scripts on seven topics connected with the European and Arab civilisations;
- using these scripts to produce seven 60-minute videos;
- designing accompanying teachersí booklets;
- disseminating videos and booklets in schools in European and Arab countries.
- an enhanced acquaintance with both cultures - oneís own and the other;
- the ability to engage in intercultural dialogue, with fewer prejudices and more of a spirit of discovery;
- the desire to participate in joint projects with partners from different backgrounds.