Dissemination of the results obtained and of the experience acquired during the project
Ongoing communication with representatives of the target groups (primary and secondary schools) will prepare the way for dissemination. However, various promotional strategies will be used at the end of the project:
- information about and a demonstration of the Gibraltar materials for the management and staff of the partner institutions, especially those who are in contact with the primary and secondary teaching-experience schools; each partner institution will be responsible for the entire Gibraltar series, and hence for organising its promotion within its sphere of influence;
- information for the education authorities and school inspection bodies in the partner countries;
- information about the Gibraltar video series in the press, especially the specialist press: educational journals, journals of multicultural associations, etc.
- an advertising leaflet (A4 format);
- a letter addressed to primary and secondary schools in the partner countries;
- a letter addressed to Ministries of Education in Europe and the Arab world;
- an advertisement on the project’s website and those of the partner institutions, creating links with other related sites;
- representation at events such as educational fairs;
- participation at seminars and training courses devoted to multicultural education.
Subsequently, consideration will be given to the possibility of translating the teaching material into other EU languages and disseminating it in countries which have expressed an interest.
By involving primary and secondary school inspectors in the dissemination work, we can ensure that our teaching material has a relatively long product life.
However, our plan is that the project will not stop at that point, but that it will set up ‘reverberations’ in the schools where the videos and booklets are disseminated, in the form of new partnerships between Arab and European schools. The teachers’ booklets will strongly urge the formation of friendly ties with other schools and the exchange of video documents; we thus hope that the content of Gibraltar will be updated on a regular basis.
Our involvement in a Comenius 3 Network should be considered right now in order to ensure that the results of our project have more impact.