OF THE RING - Shire variant
- Frodo/Sam figure (still considered the FSP for
game purposes) in The Shire.
- Merry and Pippin in the “Companion” box of
- Strider in Bree.
- Gandalf the Grey captured in Orthanc.
- Boromir, Gimli and Legolas in Rivendell.
- 4 extra Nazgul in Buckland, Bree, Weather Hills
and South Downs.
- All other units/leaders are set up per the
- Place all “Nation” tokens in the top
“Political Track” box. All FP markers start inactive.
- At start the Shadow player only gets 6 action
dice (not 7). He gets an extra die if his first nation moves to the “At
- The Shadow player may always place at least 1
dice in the “Hunt” box during the Hunt allocation.
- The Light player must use a “Will of the
West” symbol to liberate Gandalf. Place Gandalf the Grey immediately in a
settlement of the Free Peoples (even when besieged) or in Fangorn. Note:
The Light player may not muster Gandalf the White until Gandalf has escaped
- The FSP must declare in Rivendell at
some point prior to declaring in Morannon or Minas Morgul.
- Healing powers of Elrond: Every time the FSP
declares in Rivendell subtract 2 corruption points (instead of 1)
Rules until the FSP declares in Rivendell:
When the FSP declares for the first time in Rivendell the Elves are activated
and all the companions in Rivendell must join the Fellowship. Place also all
the used Hunt tiles again in the bag. Afterwards no companions may join (or
rejoin) the Fellowship anymore and following special rules become completely
null and void.)
- During the Event Phase, both players may (and
must) draw only 1 card from either the Strategy or Character deck.
- Until the FSP declares in Rivendell, only the
presence of Gandalf or Aragorn (not Strider, the FSP or any other
companion) in one of the nation’s cities or strongholds activates the FP
Special Event cards to activate a FP nation may still be used with any
- Merry, Pippin or Gollum may not act as
the Guide of the Fellowship.
- If the Hunt is successfull and there is no
Guide (Strider or Gandalf the Grey), add automatically 2 corruption points
to the Fellowship and draw 1 tile from the Hunt pool.
- If Strider or Gandalf the Grey are in the same
space as the last known position of the FSP, they may join the
Fellowship. In this case the Light player may also appoint a new Guide.
- Strider and Gandalf the Grey may join, leave
(per the standard rules) and rejoin the Fellowship as many times as desired.
- Merry and Pippin may only rejoin the Fellowship
- Boromir, Gimli and Legolas may not leave
Rivendell. They may use however their “Companion” and “Captain of the
West” abilities to defend Rivendell (not to attack). Legolas may also use
his political ability as “Prince of Demsterwold”.
Mostinckx - january 2005