Thanks to Robert Best, around 15 people will now be sporting personalised Academy CC tracksuits.
Statto's corner has been updated with team stats and career averages for batting, bowling and fielding. Here are a few stats of note:
- Last season, both Jonnie
Irons and Lee Thompson passed 100 career caps for the 1st XI.
- Brian Kelso and David Greenlees each passed a remarkable tally of 7500 runs with Davy only 26 runs short of 8000!
- DG's 6 fifties last season mean he now has a quite extraordinary 47 career fifties for the 1st XI, followed by BK with 35 and Ian Moffett with 28.
- BK passed 200 runs for the season for the 19th time!
- BK and DG's partnership of 200 against Drumaness was the second best stand in Academy history.
- The past 24 seasons have seen 183 x fifty partnerships. BK has incredibly been involved in 69 of them followed by DG 61 and IM 57.
- Michael Greenlees passed 200 career catches, DG passed 150.
- Brian Boyd passed 400 career wickets! Jonnie Irons moved into 5th place on the all-time list with 161 while Lee Thompson passed 100 wickets.
- Brian Coyle leads the all-time bowling averages (12.2)
- Fox keeps his place at the top of the strike rate charts (22 balls per wicket) with young Jason Ryles sneaking into second spot.
- BB maintains his lead in the Michelles (5 wicket hauls) with a remarkable 18 against DG's 17.
- BB and DG have each taken 20 wickets in a season a total of 13 times!
Photos of the annual dinner
Check our the results and final table for the 1st XI with links to all 16 league scorecards on CricketIreland site!!! This is entirely thanks to (former Bermudan scorer) John Quinn who is the only scorer to have posted all his teams scorecards on the site. Bermuda don't know what they're missing at the World Cup!
Thanks also to Brian Kelso for his detailed 1st XI averages. Once again the batting was dominated by Davy Greenlees with 600 runs and Brian Kelso 500 runs. David's 128 against Drumaness was the third highest score of all time.
Davy G also topped the bowling averages though Neil Hermon was the top wicket-taker with 27 followed by Lee Thompson with 22 and Brian Boyd 20. The most remarkable stat of the year however were the 12 catches (yes 12!) taken by Brian Boyd!
Despite only playing 16 league games, the 1sts finished 4th (a guaranteed UEFA cup place!) with 10 wins. The 2nd XI managed 2 wins which was just enough to keep them in Section Three. The 3rd XI made up largely of rugby boys also managed 2 wins. Great to see the club being able to put out 3 teams!
Fixtures for 1st and 2nd XIs are now available.
The season began with 15 of us heading to the Grand Hotel Malahide in Dublin for the annual pre-season tour. A few photos. On tour this year (the 16th year in a row!) were the usual suspects plus two tour debutants in young Neil Hermon and Aussie James Wix. Rodney Briggs picked the Grand National winner!
A warm welcome return to Jonnie Irons who returns from Woodvale.
Farewell to young Scott Sloan who has signed for Cliftonville. Best wishes to him.