Brumowski's Albatros D.III 153.52

Brumowski's Albatros D.III (Oef.) 153.52 thumbnail picture 1 Brumowski's Albatros D.III (Oef.) 153.52 thumbnail picture 2 Brumowski's Albatros D.III (Oef.) 153.52 thumbnail picture 3
Brumowski's Albatros D.III (Oef.) 153.52 thumbnail picture 4 Brumowski's Albatros D.III (Oef.) 153.52 thumbnail picture 5 Brumowski's Albatros D.III (Oef.) 153.52 thumbnail picture 6
Brumowski's Albatros D.III (Oef.) 153.52 thumbnail picture 7 Brumowski's Albatros D.III (Oef.) 153.52 thumbnail picture 8 Brumowski's Albatros D.III (Oef.) 153.52 thumbnail picture 9
Brumowski's Albatros D.III (Oef.) 153.52 thumbnail picture 10 Brumowski's Albatros D.III (Oef.) 153.52 thumbnail picture 11

This model is based on the Roden kit, basically built straight from the box. I've just added the radiator pipes and new control horns, modified the bottom of the radiator, scratched two Schwarzlose MG and the entire cockpit minus the control stick that was a litlle gem. Finally I added the gasoline line for the auxiliary tank on the left of the cockpit

I paint the cockpit as usually with a drybrush of burnt sienna applied on a base coat of acrylic pale yellow. For this base coat, I used different shade of pale yellow to vary the final appearence of the wood.

For the fuselage, firstly, I painted the metallic part with a dark grey and left the wood parts white. Next, I airbrushed light coat of scarlet red to represent the finish of this aircraft.

After this, I put on the serial on each side of the fuselage and misted a light coat of red on these decals as it was probably made on the real aircraft. The final appearence was a little darker on the metallic parts.

The next step was a bit tedious (10 days of laborious works). I made the ocre sworls on the entire aircraft with a watercolour pencil. Thousand of litle six and nine but I think that it must be a rewarding job.

To finish, I put on a wash of brown madder alizarin and black (W & N) as usually. I applied it to recessed lines, wheels, louvres and access doors with a very fine brush.

Engine and other metallic parts as the radiator are painted with different shades of acrylic and alcohol Vallejo paint.

Crosses and fuselage markings come from the kit. I had to use a lot of decal solvent. Even with the strongest solvent they reacted with difficulty. Finally, I had to use a coat of Future to fix the marking rearward of the cockpit aperture.

This model was entirely rigged with O.065 mm fishing line tinted in black with a felt tip.

Valid XHTML 1.1!