INTERESTING PLACES TO VISIT (with good connection)
Notice that from Bruges all Belgium is at your fingertips, and even so the most
interesting towns in France, the Netherlands and Germany.
- Damme: a small mediaval village at 7km. from Brugge
- Gent: is the old capital of Flanders (Sint-Bavo, the Belfry, the castle if the counts
"Gravensteen",musea...) ;by car 30min ; by train 20min
- Brussel:is not only the capital of Belgium but also the capital of Europe (the Grand
Place, ancient and modern art musea, Manneken Pis, Atomium with Mini-Europa...)1 hour by
train and car
- Antwerpen:the city of Rubens(one of worlds greatest painters) and Plantijn (a
16-thcentury printer); 1 hour by train or car
- The area around Ieper and Passendale: W.W.I (see also "Flanders Fields Tour )50
min. by car
- The coast:with small towns as Oostende, Knokke, Zeebrugge, Den Haan...