non Quad Selector< download > version 0.11b
nonQuadSelector selects automatically the faces according to their number of vertices.
This is the ideal tool to clean up your model.
You can include/exclude faces with 3, 4, 5, 6 or 7 vertices and more thanks to an interface easy to use.
It also shows the number of faces and their percentage. For editable Poly.
1- Select the object to inspect.
2- Click on 'Select Faces'.
- Only polys are supported.
- Check or uncheck buttons 3, 4, 5, 6, 7+ according to yours needs.
0.11b- compatible with the modifier 'symetry'
0.10b- dockable left/right. Show the number of triangles also.
0.06b- nonQuadSelector supports the illegal faces now.
0.05b- first version
Installation of the macroscript:
1. Click the MAXScript item in the Main Menu, select Run Script...
2. Locate and select the script and press Open
3. Go to Customize > Customize User Interface and select the desired Tab (Keyboard, Toolbars, Quad or menu)
4. Locate the category 'toolBox' under group 'Main UI'
5. Search in the category for the name 'nonQuadSelector'
6. Drag the script to the toolbar, Menu, QuadMenu or assign to a Shortcut
If you encounter bugs or problems that I am not aware of, please send me yours comments.
Any suggestions are welcome.
Example image (model under development) :
menu | version francaise