Breaking news : " New fissural eruption on Etna " (from 10/26/2002)
ETNA (Sicily; elev. : 3341m) - FISSURAL ERUPTION OF JULY-AUGUST 2001
Presently, only a link to French web pages is available
TOPOGRAPHIC MODEL (D.E.M.) - Pictures in 3D.
(D.E.M. resolution : 30 m. + overlayed photos of Landsat 7 T.M.-Spot 4)
"One virtual" ETNA as you've probably never seen it !
Click on each thumbnail for enlargement !
only kind words accepted !.
Here is presented a previsualization of 3D images. In Septembre, several animations and virtual models (VRML) should be available . Full technical explanation about these pictures are coming soon.
1. Summit area of Etna viewed from Nicolosi (South) - DEM overlaying by a Landsat 7 T.M. photo captured on July 29, 2001.
2. View from the summit region of Etna towards Southern lava flow - DEM overlayed by a Landsat 7 T.M. photo captured on July 29, 2001.
3. View from East (towards Valle del Bove) - DEM overlayed by a Landsat 7 T.M. photo captured on July 29, 2001.
4. View towards lava flows from an West position. - DEM overlayed by a Landsat 7 T.M. photo captured on July 29, 2001.
5. View towards South of the main lava flow (originated from a 2100 m. elevation). - DEM is overlayed (or wrapped) by a brown shaded image including the name of lateral cones of the volcano.
6. View of the main lava flow moving towards Nicolosi - DEM overlayed by a photo of the Spot 4 satellite.
All captured images were done at the ground elevation of the local point + 500 m.
Click here to view spectacular pictures of the eruption
Still a bit of patience for more media/information about this last Etna eruption