Every year there are 5 tournaments always starting on the same date.
1) On 01/12 (1st December) there will be played in 8 groups of 3 players. (24 players). Everyone plays 4 games, you play with white and with black against the same opponent. The groupswinners are going to the second round where a knock-out system counts.
2) On 15/02 (15th February) there will be played in 6 groups of 5 players. (30 players). Everyone plays 4 games, two with white and two with black, but you don't play with white and with black against hte same opponent. The tournament scheme decides againts who you are plaing with which color. The two players with the most points in the group are going to the second round and are again playing 4 games (4 groups of 3 players, 2 with white and 2 with black). From the thirth round (semi-final) the knock-out system counts.
3) On 01/04 (1st April) the tournament will be played in 8 groups of 4 players each. (32 players). You'll play 6 games in a group and from the second round knock-out.
4) On 15/06 (15th June) the tournament will be played in 12 groups of 3 players each. (36 players). Everyone plays 4 games in his first round. The 12 groupwinners are going to the second round and are playing again 4 games in 4 groups of 3 players. From the thirth round (semi-final) the knock-out system counts.
5) On 01/09 (1st September) will start a thematic with 16 participants, always using the knock-outsystem. Every player has to play two games against one opponent. The winner goes to the next round.
Groups will be formed at random. Participation is open to all THEM members, regardless of their chessstrength.
When there is played in groups, a victory is worth 2 points, a draw 1 point, a lost game no points. In case of equal points the person with the most victories in the tournament so far goes further. In case of equal victories the player with the least amout of moves in the tournament so far goes further.
By a draw in a knock-out phase the player with white goes further in tournaments 2 and 4, the player with black in tournaments 1,2 and 5.
When none of above rules can make a difference between two opponents the player who joined the thematic first goes to the next round.
These rules fall into decay after a timecomplaint.
You can participate a tournament by filling in the Join form on the website or by answering the mail I'll sent to every member of THEM when a tournament is not yet filled a month before the start. The tournament will not start until there are enough members.
The winner of a game (or the player with white in case of a draw) must send the result together with the match-number to THEM.
In the final game, above rule is a little bit different. In case of equal points there must be played a third game where the player with most victories in the tournament chooses color. In case of equal victories the player with the least amount of moves in the tournament chooses color. The winner of this match wins the tournament. In case of a draw in this match another game will be played with inversed colors. When there's still no winner after four games, both players of the final win the thematic.
The tournament winners deserve a place in the Hall of Fame.
Important: When a player hasn't started a thematic tournament a year after joining THEM he will be removed from the players list.
A very important rule to keep track of the games is when the player with black makes his first move (or the player with white when black starts in a thematic), he MUST sent a copy to THEM
1) Every player has to make at least 10 moves in 40 days.
2) The timelimit for every round is 5 month.
When the game isn't finished after 5 month, the player with white must
sent the game in PGN-format to THEM.
No player will award points for these non-finished games but they can
play on the game friendly ofcourse.
3) If you haven’t received an answer from your opponent within 4 days send a repeat message. If no reply received after another 4 days send a second reminder. After 10 days fill in the time complaint report. THEM will send a message to your opponent requesting a prompt reply. After another 5 days, if no response has been received from opponent the game will be awarded tot the complainant.
To avoid time complaints please notice your opponents and THEM to take additional time to reply due to vacation, illness, work or other reasons !
The most important rule
Have some nice e-mail games at THEM and have fun!