Tolgahan Çoğulu participated to the P-ART DVD "Microtona" (2016) with his innovative microtonal guitar (audio track #4: Gelin Savması by İlke Şen). I admire his passion and microtonal dreams.
Click and listen to excerpts of my newest music on microtonal guitar
I designed the adjustable microtonal guitar in 2008. It was accepted and funded as a scientific research project at Istanbul Technical University Dr. Erol Uçer Center for Advanced Studies in Music under the supervision of Prof. Şehvar Beşiroğlu. The first prototype was made by Ekrem Özkarpat. The new versions have been made by Briken Aliu since 2014.
Designing Adjustable Microtonal Guitar, I was inspired by René Lacote's and Walter Vogt's guitars. In the Adjustable Microtonal Guitar, all the frets on the fretboard are movable in the channels under each string. Besides, any number of frets can be inserted into or removed from the fretboard.
Between 2006 and today, many composers still delivered a composition for the Adjustable Microtonal Guitar
Philipp Gerschlauer – Ich Hab’s Mal Versucht Christopher Charles – Barong Dances with Atlas Robert Casteels - KHI Baxton Alexander - Would it bore you to come with me... Johnny Reinhard - Knin Calimari Tolga Zafer Özdemir - Hero and Leandros Donald Bousted - Our Love is Strong and Strange Onur Türkmen - Havuz Tolga Yayalar - Lacrymae (after Dowland) Mutlu Torun - Re Hüseyni William Allaudin Mathieu - Lattice İşi —Gabriel Malancioiu – Towards the Natural Nicola Visalli – Tawus David Matthews – Pavo Alchemistarum Ozan Yarman – Impromptu Oyunhavası Uğraş Durmuş – At the Golden Horn No.6 —Mithatcan Öcal - Parachesis IV Tolga Tüzün - and they fell…one by one Devon Tipp - Reasoning with Windmills Navid Bargrizan - Se-Chahar-Gah (Trip-Four-Tych)
I like to make the adjustable microtonal guitar available for everyone. I hate business but since 2009 I've been receiving mails with requests for building microtonal guitars: almost 300 guitarists have asked for one, but I haven't been able to sell a single one. Why? Because of the high price to construct the adjustable microtonal guitar. I need a team who masters the research and production, creates an economic model to sell in the guitar world. If you like my music and my videos, you can support me with the donation of one dollar or more per month."
Go to Patreon: https://goo.gl/LKwcjS
Your support is crucial to realize my big project goals:
1. Commissioning pieces from the greatest composers for microtonal guitar. With $3000 I can approach one composer.
2. To release a professional DVD: I am writing a all-in-one method "Introduction to microtonal guitar".
3. To create a non-profit company and to decrease the cost of the Adjustable Microtonal guitar and make it available for everyone.
4. Automatic microtonal guitar system: frets moving automatically along the fretboard.
5. Foundation of a Microtonal Guitar Research Center: My ultimate dream is founding a research center at a University at the Masters or PhD level. It will have sub-divisions such as "Just Intonation Guitar Music", "Microtonal Folk Music of Turkey/India/Bali/Egypt/other countries", "Renaissance and Baroque Tunings" etc.
All my videoclips about microtonal guitar and microtuning are collected in my YOUTUBE page: https://www.youtube.com/user/TolgahanCogulu
Click and visit my homepage: https://www.microtonalguitar.org/ My Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/TolgahanCogulu
Comments by Tolgahan Çoğulu 2017
Contact: click here for email
or click on > back to top
Go to NEXT ARTIST: RAY DELEPIERRE
back to P-ART WEB OF ARTISTS-index
go to homepage P-ART PARADISE
This page belongs to: http://users.skynet.be/P-ART