Miles Magister 


Derelict and abandoned as it was given to the museum.

 

 

In the great Hall of the museum.

 

 

After much work, it starts to look like the right thing.

 

 

As you can see in today

 

 

 

The Magister was the first monoplane trainer adopted by the la R.A.F. According to the information obtained from the Historical Branch-R.A.F. London, the Miles Magister of the museum, offered to Wing Cdr Donnet, DFC, had been delivered the 3-10-1946 at the FAé, and was used at the technical school of Saffrenberg for ground instruction.

It had been ferried by Sqd Ldr Jan Ceuppens and affected to RAF's Belgian Section 169 Wing. It was used in unit for several years before being sold the 16-9-1953.

Bought, it was then flying under the civil registration 00-NIC. It’s the administration of aeronautics that gave it to the museum where it was restored in its original colours.

Serial number was T. 9800 (year 1940), it was registered TMR-50 in the Air Force Force aérienne and registration number G-1.

 

More pictures and complete history coming soon.