KinoAmp is an MPEG1/2 movie player with sound. It is based on Kino v0.3
from eQ R&D, and this version has been
produced to provide improved operation on StrongArm machines.
It does not however contain any StrongArm specific code. The AMPlayer
or DiskSample modules are used to decode and play the soundtrack.
Playback can be on the desktop or full screen and controls are provided with
an On Screen Display for brightness, contrast, colour, and volume. When
using the desktop, and multitasking, variable zoom and aspect ratio is
provided. Multitasking operation supports a simple control panel with basic
player controls and a selectable skin.
Download the latest version and its source code.
Version 0.42, 19 December 2010
- Front-end rewritten into multiple panes.
- Now offers 4 replay modes (Multitasking, Desktop, Full-Screen, Manual) with individual settings.
- Fit to screen doesn't any more force the use of a scaler but selects the most appropriate fast display routine (50%, 100%, 200%, 300% or 400%).
- When the scaler is used:
- zoom changes are in steps of 1%.
- pixel aspect can be taken into account to resize the image.
- You can use F5 to F8 to switch directly to a given replay mode.
- Output can be made as BGR instead of RGB to cope with new hardware.
- Fixed rendering of YUV444 in 64K colour modes.
- Revert to the use of system scaler for unsupported screen modes such as mode with less than 256 colours.
- Internal code cleanup: common config.c/.h between front-end and player, reorganisation and commenting of display_setup() and player_displayLastFrame().
Version 0.40, 18 January 2009
- Added support for 64K colour modes.
- Fixed crash when switching from colour to monochrome with OSD volume bar visible.
- Fixed sound become muted when looping (AMPlayer only).
- Ensure logging is off by default to allow multiple windows.
Version 0.39, 07 June 2008
- Fixed bug truncating skin names introduced in previous version.
- Alter behaviour of Previous/Next in Random mode.
Version 0.38, 25 May 2008
- Fixed directory scanning related bugs (long pathnames or filenames).
You can also no double-click on the main window to switch between full-screen and windowed mode.
Version 0.37, 25 February 2008
- Rewrite of frame skipping process. Fixes some rare instances
of attempting to decode frames where the reference frames were skipped,
and fixes small pauses seen on some systems.
Version 0.36, 26 January 2008
- Better sound stability and refined frame skipping process.
- Added dynamic start/stop of audio saving (key Ctrl+A).
- Added dynamic colour/monochrome switching option (key C).
- Added frame rate to OSD timing info.
- Fix to avoid infinite waits due to corrupted stream timing info.
Version 0.35, 11 March 2007
- Support for the very rare MPEG-2 YUV444 format.
- Extra checks on MPEG stream corruption.
- Fixed bug sometime causing the non-decoding of the last block in slice.
- Modified handling of corrupted streams to avoid the error "Decoding waiting indefinitely after audio/video".
Version 0.34, 10 February 2006
- AC3 and PCM audio supported with the help of DiskSample 0.35.
- Audio stream selection from the player window menu.
- Added 'Scaler' and 'Force use of scaler' options to be able to benefit from the hardware acceleration of sprite plotting.
- Iyonix specific code for accelerated display at 100% zoom with the help
of IntelDMA module.
- Workaround for A9Home (see help file).
- New 'Fit to screen' option.
- Colour conversion
- Set palette to 256 greys in full screen 8bpp when Monochrome option is set.
- Added monochrome colour conversion routines for 8bpp and 8bpp-grey.
- Added support for brightness and contrast in all monochrome color conversions.
- Modified 8bpp and 8bpp-grey colour conversions for best fit of palette in YUV space instead of in RGB space (build switch).
- MPEG decoding
- Libmpeg2 now totally ignore chroma blocks when Monochrome options is set
to give a large performance boost.
- Libmpeg2 API rewritten to move calls to display functions out of the library with new sanity checks to avoid crashes after seeking to a new position.
- Take account of MPEG fields repetitions for frame duration (30->24 fps adaptation).
Previous versions are available from Peter Everett.
To use AMPlayer as audio codec, the following modules are required:
SharedSound module version 0.24 or later.
AMPlayer module version 1.36 or later.
To use DiskSample as audio codec, the following module is required:
DiskSample module version 0.33 or later.
To use Thomas Milius accelerated display on the Iyonix, the following application/module is required:
IntelDMA module version 0.01 or later.