Version 3.06, 2012-04-16:
- Show "<title> [<section>]" as track title if the track specifies a section. This allows to distinguish between tracks representing different sections of a same file.
- Tweaked scroll bar handling to take into account the column headers.
- Tweaked selection with the mouse to behave better under heavy load.
Version 3.05, 2012-03-05:
- Allow full-screen plug-ins using this library to control the player with the mouse (Play/Pause, Rewind/Forward, Prev/Next section/track, Relative/Main volume Up/Down).
Actions are mapped on the SELECT/ADJUST buttons, you just rotate on the available pairs of actions by clicking MENU.
- Remote control of actions handled by a specific player was not working.
Version 3.04, 2011-12-30:
- List, fix occasional crash when double-clicking.
- CDs, fix crash while exiting DigitalCD when CD is still playing.
Version 3.03, 2011-09-27:
- Shuffling options are now only shows by pressing MENU on the shuffle icon, while clicking SELECT will just toggle on/off shuffle.
- Double-clicks failed to work when the item was not selected beforehand. This is due to using Wimp_DragBox to start the (multiple) selection on the first click: the system doesn't see the need to report the double-click afterward.
- Ensure restored size of directory lists is not reset to default size while its content is still loading.
Version 3.02, 2011-08-22:
- Include album's date in sorting options.
- If a group is selected, all elements within the group are considered as part of the selection.
- Added turning shuffle on/off without having to change the shuffling options.
- Include album's date in sorting options.
- Tracks, Files:
- New property to play all sections of the file instead of a single section.
- New property to enter the album's release date (yyyy, yyyy-mm, yyyy-mm-dd).
- Extended metadata extraction from filename to extract album's date.
- Position of directory list windows were not saved.
- Playlists could not be moved within main playlist (non-hierarchical, unsorted mode).
- Shuffle didn't work with File Queue.
- Don't reset "next track" position to 0 anymore when finishing to play the list. After adding extra files to the list, play will then restart directly from the new tracks when no shuffling is active.
- This module sets the DMA size to 400, so it's best not to mess with it or the sound gets weird.
Version 3.01, 2010-01-23:
- Added 'Ignore system volume' in choices, section Players.
- Crash with Array out of bounds after sequence: drag multiple tracks from a secondary playlist to the file queue, set cursor in File queue to last track, unload secondary list (file queue is emptied), double-click on a file with 'Add to queue & Play' option active.
- Playing not starting after sequence: empty file queue, drag multiple tracks from a secondary playlist to the file queue, click on play button.
Version 3.00, 2009-12-03:
- Use separate Properties windows for each kind of track.
- Properties for hierarchical info: Collective -> Artist ->
Box -> Album -> Title.
- New compilation (multi-author) album flag: Box -> Album ->
Collective -> Artist -> Title.
- New track number field.
- Properties for hierarchical info: Name -> Rate ->
Broadcaster -> MimeType.
- Directory lists/Secondary lists
- New user configurable system to extract metadata from the file's
name and path.
- New 'File queue' list, a temporary playlist where to drag
files from the Filer or from other playlists, emptied on
exit of DigitalCD.
- New 'Yellow pages' lists to download lists of Internet Radios from
- A lot of grouping/sorting options.
- New 'Hierarchical' tree view mode.
- New 'Flat' mode with resizable columns.
- Some actions now take place in the background such as the scanning
of directories or the download of yellow pages.
- New 'Create Internet Radio' dialog to define an Internet Radio
without the help of .m3u files.
- Search window:
- New 'All playlists' scope to search in all loaded playlists.
- New 'List' action to list the results in a 'Search results'
- Simplified text searching (filename or metadatas).
- Track shortcut. Used in search results and file queue lists to
refer to a track in another playlist. Changes to the shortcut
(edition, metadata provided by player), will in actually change the
- The properties of multiple tracks can now be edited in one go.
- New single panel mode.
- The Previous/Next buttons now start playing the previous/next track
even when the player is stopped.
- Option to use 'Remove Track' command as simple marking of track as
- Internet radios are now handled by a separate 'Internet Radios'
- 'Music file' player
- Old 'Program' versus 'Single track' system of 'Music file'
player replaced by 'Program' versus 'File Queue' system.
- Old 'Program off & play' file loading options replaced by 'Add
to queue' and 'Add to queue & play' options.
- Removed 'Reenable program on Stop' option.
- A lot of grouping/sorting options.
- New option to choose DMA sound buffer size setting for
compatibility with other applications.
- New functions to change screen modes, manage screen banks
(RISC OS 6 compliant) and manage messages/title changes sent
by the player.
- Documentation for the library added to !DigitalCD.DCDGuide manual.
- Documentation for DigitalCD_Misc message added to
- New messages to ask full-screen plug-ins to display a message on
the behalf of DigitalCD or change the song's title (well more a
rotation of title, album, artist, ...).
- Didn't catch DiskSample's clearing of metadata.
- Retrieve more metadata (track number, ...) from some drivers.
- Added smpext loader to pass the filename's extension to
DiskSample in order to identify the type of a raw stream.
- Convert spaces to hardspaces in all filename icons.
- Do not validate URLs as files.
- Properties window did not allow filename to be changed to
- Ensure PlayIt Config bit 2 is always off because it makes a
mess otherwise and take system volume into account.
- Take into account (when possible) changes in system volume and
ensure that plug-in volume scaling is correct.
Version 2.56, 2003-09-28:
- Added configuration of a sound reserve to accumulate before starting the replay. This is used to prevent sound cuts when disruptions of the input flow occur.
- Internal changes made for timing caused a crash on CDs containing data tracks.
Version 2.55, 2003-09-24:
- Support Internet radios through DiskSample Http streaming.
- Rewrite display of metadata and timing.
- Added saving of urls, loading of .m3u and .pls playlists.
- Fixed lists refresh when changing "Use file name as track title" option.
- Fixed Midi rewind/forward.
- Stop the currently played file before trying to remove it from the list or before deleting the file.
Version 2.54, 2003-03-21:
This is a new 32-bit compatible version with the exception of some modules from third parties. This means that Digital Symphonies, Matrix and Midi files are not yet playable on 32-bit systems.
- Timing now reflects the target position while dragging the position button.
- Added 2 new time modes: duration and total duration.
- Timing info is now refreshed in case of track duration updates.
- Added Play button. Play while a sublist is selected will play first allowed reference in sublist.
- Support of dirlists, directory based list which will be scanned when loaded to form a new temporary playlist.
- Lists can now have a base dir used as base for the names of files in the list. The list takes up less memory and makes it easier to manage when moving files around your disc.
- Load/Unload lists from memory at will.
- Filename field of unloaded lists can be edited in property window, a file may be dropped on the field.
- Validate now simply marks the problematic references with a question mark.
- New official filetype allocations for Ogg Vorbis, ImpulseTracker, FastTracker2, ScreamTracker3 and other PC trackers in default Setup file.
- Filename field can be edited in property window, file can be dropped on the field.
- Players: Added Reshuffle option to reshuffle once all tracks have been played so that tracks of CDs or short playlists are not always played in the same order.
- Drivers: new AMPlayer section for the anti-shock buffer size.
- Several desktop plug-ins can be activated at once.
- Full size docking info was saved for mini-bar.
- Search Window: fixed inversion of Playable/Not playable scope.
- Fixed several errors in RAM transfer of lists (used by Dragging, copy/paste, etc).
- Don't autostart plug-ins for closed control panels.
- PlayIt Config bit 2 when set does the inverse of what I expected in term of volume rescaling.
- Incorrect reserved string size could freeze the machine.
Version 2.53, 2001-11-26:
- Included latest version of several modules.
- Search Window: added a few search scopes, control panel list of files to play was never updated for some actions.
- Fixed launch of DigitalCD by double-click on a file.
Version 2.52, 2001-07-18:
- Fixed loading of multiple sublists from the same directory
- AMPlayer, worked around the SharedSound bug, replay speed is back to normal.
Version 2.51, 2001-07-15:
- Fixed 'Main' playlist bug on saving of non previously existing main playlist.
- New version of DiskSample with fix for replay on 8-bit hardware
Version 2.50, 2001-07-07:
- The concept of multiple playlist is retained but the 'Playlists' (note the plural)
window is ditched in favor of a full featured 'Main Playlist' autosaved
in Choices:DigitalCD. In consequence:
- DigitalCD can reload all the playlists (sublists) from the previous session.
- Files can be dropped on the Main Playlist so that those who prefer
the WinAmp way can work with a single playlist autosaved on exit.
- The list of files to play from the control panel is composed by default
from every file in main playlist and sublists but you will be able to define
which of the files or sublists should be played today.
- The result of double-clicking on music files or dragging files to DigitalCD's
iconbar icon or control panel is entirely configurable (Play, add to the main playlist,
add to the main playlist and play).
- Each CD drive can now be configured separatedly with an additional
playing mode compatible with more drives (SWI CD_PlayTrack).
- Playing can now autostart when a CD is inserted in the drive.
- More of the DigitalCD windows can be opened by various clicks
on the iconbar icon.
- The TimPlayer module v1.00 is able to detect the subsongs in tracker
modules like the ones used by the game 'Lemmings' so DigitalCD
will offer the ability to specify which subsong to play.
- Bug fixes for AMPlayer module, work around for problems like
the RISC OS 4 pointer bug and the RapIDE CD driver.